The premiere of the new version of The Queen of Spades was held at the Novosibirsk Opera House Automatic translate
NOVOSIBIRSK. The repertoire of the Novosibirsk Opera House has a new work by director Vyacheslav Starodubtsev - on October 14 the premiere of the opera “Queen of Spades. Game ”was presented to the audience. An unusual reading by the director of Pushkin’s famous play before the premiere aroused interest among professionals. Forbes magazine included this performance in the top five most anticipated operas.
The creative duet of the musical director and conductor Dmitry Yurovsky and production director Vyacheslav Starodubtsev created the play using the style of the Italian mask theater. Usually, most people, getting acquainted with the play, consider the story described in it, happening in St. Petersburg, gray and depressed.
However, Vyacheslav Starodubtsev speaks of this opinion as fundamentally wrong. It is known that before writing the opera, Tchaikovsky traveled to Florence to get inspiration from the beauty of the city where Dante and Michelangelo worked. Meyerhold, whose creators dedicated the performance to his memory, was also fond of the works of Italian folk theaters, with expressive gestures, postures and gestures characteristic of their actors.
The prefix “Game” in the title of the play reveals the director’s staged intention, which included an element of the game in every detail of the play. When the performance was staged, the director dispensed with the scenery. They were replaced by video installations shown on large screens located above the stage.
Vyacheslav Starodubtsev considered that the genius of Tchaikovsky does not require decorating the scene, its minimalism helps transmit the voice of emotions that fill the opera. But the bright costumes of the characters are created in full accordance with the traditions of the Italian theater of masks.
The premiere became the fifth incarnation of The Queen of Spades on the NOVAT stage.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The exhibition of paintings in Petrozavodsk collected canvases of four artists
- Peggy Guggenheim, collectionneur d’art moderne: Fondateur de Venise Guggenheim
- A holiday on a boat - unusual and tasteful
- Fundador del surrealismo de Moscú Viktor Krotov en una exposición en Voronezh
- Una visión alemana del diseño: los fundadores de la arquitectura moderna
- At an evening dedicated to the founder of the museum. Radishchev, opened two exhibitions
- Anniversary of Novokuznetsk Theater will be celebrated for a whole week
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!